Thursday, February 9, 2012

Verged from the Path (Devo)

Hope this finds you guys going well and enjoying life!
I was reading back through my journal this morning and sat in amazement at the number of times in the last two years I've "verged from the path" God has me on. You know each time I moved away from him it wasn't that I made the decision to, it was a subtle small step of disobiedience. Something that didn't matter in my own eyes.


Joshua 1:7 says, “…do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.” (God is speaking to Joshua about sticking to the commandments given to Moses)


I knew God's instructions to me were to stay on the path, but my way seemed better, faster – more efficient. But it wasn’t any of the following, it was a way to rebel that I could justify and remain tucked in my ignorance that every decision I make, every step I take to the right or left of the path God’s planned for me is one that could continue to lead me into the next poor decision.

As I'm trying to correct my small rebellions, I can feel the brilliance of Gods glory warming my heart and a still small voice whispering in my ear, “It is in the little things that I seek your obedience, daughter. Well done, good and faithful servant.”


Might sound trite, but make every decision you make unto the Lord - use his council and guidence and fall back on the old, "How would God feel about this if He knew?" Because He already does. :)


May your day be filled with Joy from the only joy-giver!
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment