Monday, May 9, 2011

One at a time -

So I've had 2-3 new book idea's hit me over the last day or so and I want to dive into all of them, but I read something last night that reminded me that taking one project at a time might actually help me to come out with a better product in the end. Mind you, I have 2 books written and need to edit the heck out of them before moving on to something else, but I need a break from them - They feel like wayward children some days.

So what's your method? One at a time all the way through? Or lots of irons in the fire at one time?

5 comments:

  1. I'm a one at a time person for many reasons. There have been times I've switched projects, and when it comes time to get back to the old project I find I have to review everything, which adds several days or more depending on how far along I was.

    But I can relate to wanting a break, and everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to have a couple of irons in the fire, but that's usually editing one thing and then writing something new. I don't actually tend to write two totally new works at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do many at a time, but one main one. So I'll spend most of the day on the main one, and then do a bit on one of th eother ones. Next day mor eon the main one, a bit on another one. I have no idea if this is a good idea, but keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only manage one at a time (and barely at that)

    If I get an idea for something else, I just put together a quick couple of lines about it and save it to my "ideas" file for later. I fear if I start more than one project I'll never finish any of them.

    I wish I was more prolific and envy those you can do a bunch of stuff at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.. I miss the good old days of reading all of your books in draft form!! :)

    ReplyDelete