Thursday, August 21, 2014

Things I'd rather do than edit this book.... again

There are very few things that I deplore, but editing is one of them. I'm praying to win the lottery, not to pay off the house and the cars or to travel around the world, but to simply get a life-long editor.

I'm a mathematician and grammar is my nemesis.

So laying in bed last night, after running through my 15th edit of the book (I've had at least 14 people edit it with me as well), I realized that there are many things I'd rather do than edit this book... again.

1. Brush my teeth with superglue.
2. Tightrope walk with a bacon bathing suit over a pond of hungry gators.
3. Dip myself in honey and set up shop in a bear cave.
4. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro - upside down, nude.
5. Eat locus and wild honey for eternity.
6. Never sleep again.
7. The list goes on and on, but the truth of the matter is simply this - I'd rather do ANYTHING than edit this book again.

Good thing I'm done!!!

*Almost had to put 'large mountain' instead of Mt. Kilimanjaro due to spelling limitations*

LS

No comments:

Post a Comment